If you are looking for fun things to do in LA during Thanksgiving, you are in luck. From Turkey Trots and holiday parades to amenity filled resort hotels and other exciting seasonal activities – Thanksgiving weekend in LA is definitely the place to be.
Whether you are bringing the whole family and are looking for activities for kids in LA during Thanksgiving or want to take part in one of the many Turkey Trots in LA; there is truly something for everyone this Thanksgiving in Los Angeles.
Here are some of the most popular things to do in LA Thanksgiving weekend.
Things to do in LA During Thanksgiving
- 10th Annual Turkey Trot LA - The 10th Annual Turkey Trot Los Angeles offers a 5k, 10k, and even a Widdle Wobble for kids 12 and under. Everyone gets a rockin’ event t-shirt, finisher medal, and race bib.
- Holiday Ice Rink – The coolest place in town and one of the most fun things to do in LA Thanksgiving weekend, the Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square offers outdoor ice skating in the heart of downtown LA and is open on Thanksgiving Day.
- LightScape - The internationally acclaimed LightScape offers stunning new displays along an expanded trail that wanders through dazzling decorations of color, light and sound that include the spectacular Winter Cathedral and Fire Garden. Holiday fun this Thanksgiving weekend.
- Hollywood Christmas Parade – This is the 90th year for the Hollywood Christmas Parade in Los Angeles. Celebrity hosted parade starts on Hollywood Blvd. at Orange Drive and will travel east to Vine, south on Vine St. to Sunset Blvd., and west on Sunset Blvd. back to Orange Drive. This event is happening on November 27th right after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Burbank Community Turkey Trot - There’s something for everyone at the 2022 Burbank Community Turkey Trot. From competitive runners to the casual jogger and even walkers from the Los Angeles area will descend upon the streets of downtown Burbank to enjoy an event filled with fitness, family, friends, and fun! Have a great time while you support a great cause!
Make Plans Now to Spend Thanksgiving Weekend in LA
If you are looking for a cozy yet upscale place to stay to be in the center of all of the fun things to do in LA during Thanksgiving weekend; the amenity filled upscale Pacific Palms Resort is the perfect choice. Nestled on the beautiful hillside with breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Valley Mountains, Pacific Palms Resort is the perfect holiday escape. After spending the day running one of the local Turkey Trots in SoCal or watching the Hollywood Christmas Parade downtown, relax and unwind in the onsite spa, play a round of golf, or enjoy a bottle of wine at Red Restaurant all onsite at the Pacific Palms Resort near LA. Have so much fun without having to leave the resort property!