Pacific Palms Resort’s commitment to you, our Guest, as we navigate through the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This blog post will be revised as needed, last updated on March 17, 2020
Pacific Palms Resort is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and is following guidelines from these agencies and the local health department.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
The Pacific Palms Resort is committed toward ensuring that both hygiene and cleanliness standards are taken seriously. In light of the recent COVID-19 situation, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. These steps include additions to our normal daily hygiene and cleanliness standards, as well as our standard practices.
Employee Health, Safety and Awareness
We are supporting our employees through proper hygiene and cleaning standards, with specific emphasis on:
- Hand Hygiene - Frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act to preserve their health and that of our guests. Hand sanitizing stations are strategically placed in various areas of the hotel.
- Ongoing Training - Informing team members about how the virus can spread and exercising vigilance in their day to day practices.
- Real-Time Information - As we continually monitor new information from the CDC and WHO websites, we are ensuring that our team takes any appropriate action necessary.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Our resort uses effective standard operating procedures against viruses in each function area, including:
- Guest Rooms - Our resort uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to sanitize rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Highly used, in-room items must be wiped down with a sanitizer solution; including, but not limited to: door handles, both sides of guestroom door, bathroom door, balcony door, telephones, remotes, light switches, HVAC control drawers and drawer handles.
- Public Spaces - Our resort increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces; with a focus on the front desk counter, elevators, elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys. Motion-activated hand sanitizer stations are placed at the front desk, Garden Level escalator landing, Mezzanine elevator landing and guest room floor landings.
- Back of House - In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes”, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas such as: associate entrances, kitchen, hallways, storage areas and staff offices.
- Golf - Staff members in the Pro Shop and attendants in the Cart Barn will frequently wipe and disinfect counters, touch screens, door handles, golf cart steering wheels, golf cart seats, keys and rental equipment every hour and in between periods of customer activity.
Travel and Flexibility
- Government Restrictions/Regulations - In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds.
- Any Existing Reservations - All reservations even those described as non-cancellable that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- Any New Reservations - Any reservation you make even those described as “non-cancellable” that are booked between today and April 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
For the most updated information, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization or your local health authority. For more hotel information and booking questions, please call 626-810-4455
Winter Activities at Pacific Palms Resort
Looking to plan your stay with us at Pacific Palms Resort this winter? Aside from our location against the San Gabriel Mountains and the luxuries provided here at the resort, there are many, many other nearby events and attractions. Our proximity to them is what makes us unique. During your stay at Pacific Palms Resort, you can experience it all thanks to our central location. Here are some of our favorites that you can find just around the corner this winter.
626 Night Market
The 626 Night Market is not one to miss. It is the largest of
its kind in the San Gabriel Valley, featuring over 250 vendors in food,
merchandise, crafts, art, music, and games over the course of several weekends.
The 626 Night Market aims to bring people together to eat, drink, and
socialize, inspired by the famous open-air nighttime bazaars of Asia, and
welcoming to people of all ages.
Rose Bowl Flea Market
With 2,500 vendors, the Rose Bowl Flea Market is a one-of-a kind
mix of “unlikely circumstances, dedicated individuals, and a dose of good
fortune”. Search for unique art, new and vintage clothing, a treasure trove of
antiques, and specialty furniture. It is one of the most famous markets in the
world, boasting around 20,000 buyers every month, all at the world-famous Rose
Bowl in sunny Pasadena. This year marks their 50th anniversary as a
major part of LA’s history.
Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens
The one-stop-shop of the Huntington Library and Botanical
Gardens really has it all. The library is home to over 11 million rare books,
including a copy of the Gutenberg Bible, spanning the years from the 11th to the 21st centuries. It
features main exhibition halls as well as themed, temporary exhibitions. The
gardens contain over 120 acres of impeccably-kept themed gardens to wander
through, featuring significant collections of orchids, camellias, cycads, and
bonsai, which are preserved and studied not just for public appreciation, but
also for botanical research.
Hsi Lai Temple
This temple is not one to miss. With 15 acres, a floor area of
over 100,000 square feet, and architecture and gardens faithful to the
traditional Chinese style, it is a spot you’re unlikely to find anywhere else
in this part of the world. In fact, it is one of the largest Buddhist
monasteries in North America, and it works to share and spread the culture of
Hiking in Eaton Canyon
Looking for a hike a little less-known than the main San Gabriel
Valley destinations? Try the Eaton Canyon Falls hike. This is a relatively
quick hike—3.5 miles round trip with 375 feet of elevation change—that brings
you both to the top of Eaton Canyon and to a beautiful 40-foot waterfall at the
center of a naturally-formed rock amphitheater.
The Pacific Palms Resort doesn’t just offer what we have here on
our property. Head out to experience one or many of the nearby events, with the
luxury of coming back to the quiet resort when you’ve had your fill. We like to
highlight the value of being just removed enough from the hustle of LA to
provide an unbelievable relaxing environment, but close enough so that you can
still go out and live it all.
Pacific Palms Resort: 2020 Resolutions!
The idea of a New Year’s Resolution crosses all of our minds, especially at the start of a new decade. Here are a few resolutions that we like, that are all accessible at Pacific Palms Resort. Plan not just your weekend getaway, but also a way of sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions!
If we’re being honest, who doesn’t have this on their list? And
while we all would love to do it, it isn’t always easy to get packed up and out
of town. That’s what sunny California’s Oasis Pacific Palms Resort is here for;
treat yourself to a weekend away from the city, without the stress of planning
a European getaway. Set against the stunning backdrop of the San Gabriel Valley
Mountains, we stand out even within the circle of luxury Los Angeles resorts
and spas. Our guest activities, on-site entertainment, and endless ways to
spoil yourself makes us a unique destination.
Going for a hike is a wonderful way to escape the rush of the
city for an afternoon. From Pacific Palms Resort, the San Gabriel Valley walks
are just around the corner. This convenient destination offers hikes for the
whole family, featuring valleys, peaks, swimming holes, and waterfalls. Summit
a peak for stunning views of the San Gabriel Mountains, or head to one of many
refreshing waterfalls, or even stem your curiosity by seeking the iconic Bridge
Friends and Family
We live in a time where things have become so fast-paced, that
sometimes were forget to spend quality time with those we love most. Take a
weekend to celebrate just that—friends and family—with our own specialty dining
options. Indulge in dinner at Pacific Palms Resort Red Restaurant, offering
only the finest steaks, freshest seafood, and most stunning cocktails, or dine
with a view of Celebration Lake with our daily breakfast buffet and Sunday
Brunch at CIMA Restaurant.
Indulge in “Me Time”
As the new decade settles in, it’s time to bring in an era of
focusing on our own health and well-being. We’ve come to realize just how
important “me time” is, in catching up on sleep, slowing down anxious thoughts,
resetting productivity, or taking precious moments to enjoy life. Pacific Palms
Resort has more than one opportunity for finding some “me time.” If relaxing at
the pool isn’t quite your speed, you can take advantage of our two championship
golf courses (some of the finest golf courses in Los Angeles), or the bi-level
driving range—all in the sunny, timeless environment of Southern California.
A New Family Tradition
Tired of the hustle and mayhem of downtown LA? Join us for your
holiday evenings instead. Centrally located in the San Gabriel Valley, Pacific
Palms Resort allows you to stay close to all the top attractions like
Disneyland and Universal Studios, without having to stay right in the middle of
it all. Join us for your celebrations, and escape the chaos on New Year’s Eve
or the 4th of
Come join us at LA’s Hilltop Hideaway, and settle into 2020, the